03 October 2011

Dirty Soap Coming to Australia


US E channel's hit new show Dirty Soap has been picked up by it's Australian cable channel counterpart E! and will begin airing Tuesday 18 October! This is awesome news for Aussie viewers, as most US soaps (or soap-related shows) aren't shown in Australia anymore (apart from Days of Our Lives and the Bold and the Beautiful) - for some reason Aussie TV likes to show US soaps for a year, then not renew the rights (boooooo!!!!).

Dirty Soap stars General Hospital's Kelly Monaco and Kirsten Storms, One Life to Live's Farah Fath and John Paul Levoisier, Days of Our Lives' Galen Gering (and wife Jenna) and Nadia Bjorlin, and the Bold and the Beautiful's Brandon Beemer.  Shamefully under-represented are actors from the Young and the Restless, but I'm told they were not allowed to take part (missed opportunity if you ask me, hello Daniel Goddard and Christian Le Blanc!).

2 comments:

  1. Lol, I will be watching. I'll wait for it to come on E Australia. I wish they'd do it with some older soap actors too... Lol! Well, they'd have an audience in me!

    I just hope it's not too OTT and scripted like most reality shows these days. Oh, how I long for the days of 'The Anna-Nicole Show."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least you see Christian Le Blanc in the background of some scenes lol.

    I'm watching it but yeah it's very 'scripted' if you ask me. But I'm still enjoying it. And anything that supports soaps and gives its stars mainstream coverage I'm all for!

    ReplyDelete