01 April 2010

One Year Ago Today...

It was one year ago today that the shockwaves were sent throughout the entire television industry when CBS / Procter & Gamble (YES I am blaming them as well) canceled the worlds longest running serialized drama Guiding Light.

Okay let's get to discussing this. First off I was not Guiding Light's biggest fan over the past decade, I really couldn't get into the show, but the final (two) years were brilliant (with major exceptions). I fell head over heels inlove with the characters in Springfield and the world that they inhabited.

Reva, Josh, Shayne, Dinah, Philip, James and DAISY! I mean there were so many characters that I just came to know and became part of my life, and it is painful to think of my life with out them.

Yes it has been a year since the cancellation, but if I am any representation of a soap fan, we have not forgotten. While we may give our shows crap, and act like some storylines never happened, we do not want to see our favorite shows go away.

We will be a fan of these shows....

"Always."

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe it's been a year already :( It's so depressing to know that Reva, Josh, Buzz, Rick, Alan, etc...don't exist anymore. And pretty soon we're going to have to say goodbye to ATWT too *sniff* *sniff*

    ReplyDelete