05 April 2010

A Bittersweet ATWT

How great was As The World Turns today? I was teary-eyed through the whole show! Of course there was never any doubt that Kim and Bob would be married, but how wonderful was it to see the flashbacks and to watch Bob and Kim pour their hearts out to each other (Don Hastings and Kathryn Hays were perfect.) Their scenes together today moved me in a way that no plot driven, gimmicky sweeps stunt ever has. Great acting, brilliant writing and characters that I love and care about just talking to each other, that's Must See TV for me - imagine that!

Like so many others, I was excited to see Julianne Moore return to the show, but do you know what I was most happy about? That her return didn't overshadow everything else. It was great having her back and she fit right in, but the episode was about Kim and Bob and Frannie's return added to that, it didn't take away from it.

Sure, the episode wasn't perfect (I could have done without Saint Allison and her crazy 5 inch long eyelashes) but it was close to it. While I enjoyed the episode tremendously, it was certainly bittersweet. I still can't believe it'll be off the air soon. It seems so wrong that the world will soon be without these wonderful characters who we've all come to love. But I guess we should be thankful that we got to know them at all. As Bob said:

"Each and every day that the world turns has been a blessing and a joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment