14 September 2010

Quick Thoughts On Home and Away and Why I am sticking With it.




Okay so it is not hard for those watching Home and Away to see where the show is having major issues, but knowing a few of the things going on behind the scenes really helps to shape up an opinion and really helps to give strength to keep with it.




#1. - My major issues with the soap is the fact that everything is very segmented. Each storyline is off in it's own little bubble and no one is really crossing over and interacting like they used to. This makes for a very sparadict show.


#2.- Where is a storyline to root for? All over the show the same storyline is dragging its feet and looking for a place to improve. We have Bianca and Liam, Ruby's drinking, April and Xavier, Leah and Elijah, Miles off by himself, Alf off by himself, Nicole getting stuck with a needle by Penn...and then the whole Penn mess by itself... I cannot find one thing about this show that I find myself 'wanting' to watch.


#3.- No 'great' new characters.


Okay I get it, 2010 is a year for the show to 'reboot' itself, but outside of April Scott and Dexter, I don't really find myself enjoying any of the 'new' characters. They are all boring and pointless.


But that is all the downside. The positive news is that a brand new script producer has been hired. Jason Daniel is an AMAZING storyliner, he is best known for his work on Shortland Street, and is the reason for the 2007 Fernadle Strangler storyline which aired from August 2007- March 2008.


I have the upmost faith in Jason to tell a good storyline that will keep viewers glued to their screens. In addition we have the return of Roo Stewart, the revelation of who Penn Graham really is, and so much more coming up. So while I may be losing the will to stick with it, I am going to strugle on as the show is sure to improve in the next few months.


Are you enjoying Home and Away? If so what about it? And what are you most looking forward to coming up? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment