03 September 2010

So Will Peggy Mitchell Die In The Fire?


*Sigh* So next week The Queen Victoria will burn down as Phil Mitchell sets the iconic pub a blaze. With that said EastEnders has continue to keep the fate of the soap's exiting matricharch a secret.
Do NOT continue on if you do not want to be spoiled! While I do not know for sure the outcome, I am going to be theorizing on what little news has come out! SO STAY AWAY If you don't want to be spoiled!
----------
So news has now come out on Digital Spy that Peggy Mitchell will in fact escape the dramatic fire at first! But the stupid land lady will risk it all to save her son who is inside, knocked unconcious.
Are you as depressed as I am by this point? Because all evidence is pointing towards the iconic landlady being burnt to a crisp in a soap event like never before. But for the sake of arguement let's see how it would play out if Peggy survives.
Peggy makes it back inside and somehow drags her big son out of the fire.... Now what possible reason would Peggy leave EVERYONE at their time of need? Stacy has already confessed to being Archie's killer, Roxy and Ronnie are going to be in shambles and you KNOW Peggy would NEVER EVER leave 'her girls' in the hands of Gina, especially with Ronnie's wedding coming up.
So I guess that means the only plausable ending to this story is to watch Peggy burn to the ground..... So grab your tissues because Thursday, September 9th, is sure to be a tear jerker.
Do you think I am right? Will Peggy burn in a blaze of glory? Or is there still hope that she might make it out alive? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below.

4 comments:

  1. J, I've said it once, I'll say it again - we are the Kiss of Death!!! WTF? Why do they keep killing off characters we love - yet the bane of my existence - Scrunchy Face Stacy - continues to live :(

    Ok, list of EE character who we've loved that gotten written off:
    Clare, Sean, BRADLEY, Honey, JASE, Callum, DANIELLE, Suzy, Archie (who we loved to hate!). And now Peg?? :(

    As much as I like to complain about US soaps, TPTB at EastEnders are brutal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But are they?

    Okay so I was attempting to write a big long rant about how I am fed up with EE's crap with killing off and getting rid of all of my favorite characters. At the same time I was going to credit US soaps for the way they handle it...but then I started thinking about it, US soaps are just as bad.

    Let's see- GL *dead*, ATWT *dead*, then we have OLTL - The whole slew of exits and firings earlier this year with no 'real' ending for any of the stories.

    GH- HA! Do I need to say anything?

    Days- A paralyzed John gets wheeled off into the sunset by his 'Doc' ? Then we have Arianna being ran over like she's Grandma on Christmas Eve, and oooh so much more.

    YR - Stacy Haiduk

    and that is just off the top of my head. I mean all of the shows do this horrible crap, but it is a matter of how they present the crap. And EE is some well written crap.

    Now let's take a step back, and say would AMC ever kill off Erica Kane? Because I really believe that the comparison purely on a popularity level fits. Ugh, I will have to write about that another time, if they do in fact burn our girl to a crisp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose one difference is that when they kill off a character on a US soap at least there's a really good chance they'll come back from the dead. Like David on AMC, for instance (since Vincent I is still in contract negotiations.)

    But with EE it seems so much more brutal because you know that once they're dead, they're really dead... :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not 'all' of the time, there was an instant where Dirty Den Watts came back from the dead, but 'we' don't talk about that mess. LOL

    ReplyDelete