10 September 2010

Who Pushed Paul? And Other Random Neighbours Thoughts



So Paul Robinson got pushed off the balcony and I finally realized just "WHY" Neighbours had to recast the role of Declan.

Prior to this episode (and news coming out that Neighbours actually wrote storylines out and had been filming scenes as early as last November!) I was completely against the recasting of Declan, but now that I finally see the point I guess I will ease up a tiny bit on the 'Declan' hate. With that said I still hope that Declan was the one to push Paul, thus getting this actor off my screen.

So who do I think pushed him? I really do think it was Declan, he had the motice, the writers have a reason to get rid of him, and it all really fits, otherwise it is probably going to turn out to be some nobody and we will all be left with a pointless storyline.

The 'Dingo' wedding was sweet, but again kinda pointless knowing what is coming up 'contract status' wise. If the two of them were staying I think the Scott/Charlene redux might have worked, but now I think it was to much, to fast and it just didn't work.

As for the rest of the show... let's see-

Harry's coming out storyline has been alright, I think it is a little dull at points, but it is a lot more 'realistic' then say Sophie and Sian's on Coronation Street. *Ducks from angry commentors*.

Overall I am really still enjoying Neighbours. It does have issues, like you know CONTINUITY!, but compared to Home and Away I am really enjoying Neighbours and I look forward to seeing where the show will go in the coming months, and with the transition to Eleven.

So what are your thoughts on Neighbours? Let me know in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. M'Kay...
    The actor who originally play Declan went to the Army and the producers of Neighbours weren't so keen on letting the character go so they just recasted. I agreee with you though, i think that Declan is the one who pushed Paul because when Rebecca found out that Paul had fell from the mezzaine (sp?), Decland was coming out fot eh recpetion area of Lassiters.

    ReplyDelete