30 May 2010

Why Neighbours Should Have NEVER Recast Declan Napier



So I have tried to be nice to Neighbours newest actor Erin Mullally who came into the role of Declan Napier by chance as star James Sorensen left the role to join the army.

While I completely commend James for his decicion to leave the series and serve his country. Why I do not agree with was the choice to recast Declan with Mr. Mullally. I am sorry but he is not Declan Napier! He is not that great of an actor, and to toss him into a much beloved role in the midst of a fan-favorite relationship between Declan and Kate Ramesy it is just a joke.

Erin does not fit Declan, they have not showed ANY "BIG" storyline that has been told that resulted in them having to keep Declan around. And writing him out could be extremely simple. Declan could have gotten a job away from Ramsey Street which forced him and India to move away, thus problem fixed! But nope, they recasted the role... and I am just waiting for the news to break that Erin is out.

Now let's take a step back, I am not in ANYWAY, Shape, or form blaming Mr. Mullally for taking the job, what I am blaming is the writers and the creative decision behind recasting the role and not having a real storyline built up for Erin to sink his teeth into and show why he deserved to be Declan.

Do you agree with me? OR am I being to harsh?

3 comments:

  1. i have tried to get into him playing declan it is just not right :( i miss james sorenson already xx hes just does not fit the role and is not as good with india

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It does not work at all! Seriously what were they thinking. He sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's a terrible actor - everything he says is in the same tone >_< there's no emotion, even when he holds his baby :( I just hope he wil get better as time goes by

    ReplyDelete