07 May 2010

My Rant On A SoapStars Recent Interview..



Have you ever listened to an interview of a famous actor that you have never seen before and gotten the impression that “THIS IS WHY I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU?” and more to the point that “this is why I hope you never come back”?

Recently a ‘well known’ soap star did an interview where they basically showed why they are no longer on my screen. They were all over the place with a “I am doing it for The CAUSE” and it was all about how they were doing the ‘moral’ thing and those running the show were the horrible villain’s of the piece. While I was listening just one constant thing kept running thru my mind, and it was probably a horrible thing to say to this stars fans, but I personally hope this star never returns to their soap, ever!. It was just a horrible interview that re-confirmed my suspicions about this star and why I cannot stand them from at least a ‘personal’ standpoint.

Now let me just clarify that this has no reflection on the person’s acting ability, they may be worthy of all of the awards and acclaim that they were presented with. But what they have shown me is that they are a stuck up, pretentious snob that deserved to be fired, and deserved everything that they have gotten from their former home.

I am sure right now the star is sitting in some place with hundreds of admiring fans just gleaming and thinking that “they are right” and that my point is just wrong and I should be ignored while they go on making millions off their products (and getting millions in the pockets of those who work under them) but if this star was to ever return to their former soap, I for one will be one of the lone people that will probably tune out, because I do not advocate the way that they ‘spoke out’ and it, in my opinion, is not the same as when Kim Zimmer or Erica Slezak, because when those actresses spoke out they did it with some form of manner, and style, but this star just came off as a stuck up “do it my way, which is of course the right way, or I am GONE!” and I am sorry but Daytime is DYING, you may have a point, and I may have agreed with some of your arguments HAD you said them in a different manner, but the ONLY thing that I got out of that interview was that you deserved the boot long before you got it and I am just happy that they finally got sick of your crap and fired you.

Okay that’s enough rambling from me, I mean we are only at about 500 words…okay we are not at 500 words yet, but dang it I will keep going until we are. So what did you think of my points, do you agree with them? And can you ‘guess’ who I am talking about, I am sure you can, but don’t point it out in the comments just say something like “I know”. Anyways I know this was a long rant, but thank you for sticking around and reading this whole thing, and let me know if you want to see more “J Rants” in the future, because I am sure there is something or other that I can go off about every week, and you can only imagine the fun I would have taking on the blogosphere, so let me know in the comments below YAYYYY 600 words! Okay that’s it I’m out!

~Soapwikijohn
http://www.twitter.com/soapwikijohn

2 comments:

  1. Oh it gets worse, I listened to this "star" on another interview and outside of it being almost the 'same' thing, the person just pissed me off more because 'they' acted slightly better in this interview to start out with (so I was going to kinda apologize) but then they went with the same ol crap and how they are out to do what is "BEST" and "RIGHT" and blah, blah, blah. Just take your dang "other projects" and your "fanbase" and just leave daytime in the dust! Don't return, don't tease, just go and do your thing and leave us (the daytime fans) ALONE.

    UGH, maybe its because of their affiliation with something else that just added to the fire, but good gosh it just infuriated me so...ugh

    ReplyDelete