15 September 2010

Random Thoughts on General Hospital



So I haven't checked in with General Hospital lately, thus the time is right for some 'random thoughts' on General Hospital.

Matt and Maxie -

I know there are a lot of M&M haters out there, but dang it unless they are going to make the move back to Salem, I am perfectly fine with my redux here. With that said, I do kinda wish the story was better written. Why is Matt on Lisa's side? Why are they not building up a big love story with heartache and twist and turns like the old days... instead its doing it in the hall closet... ugh.

---
She's BACK!--
Yup the great Gina Kincaid returned to...oh I guess you people would rather I called her "Brenda" hu? -.-. Well she returned and I really don't care..at all. I mean seriously what is there for me to like?
The build up to her return was 'huge', and the return has been botched. I have never seen Brenda before, but what I would have loved is for her to come back to town, be right outside of Sonny's house, look in to the window and see Sonny and Clare make love and of course all of this is happening in the rain. But hey why do that when we can have fashion and saving the children and all these other characters that I know nothing or care nothing about.
----
Robin/Lisa/Patrick-
Okay while I don't think this storyline needed to play out, the acting has actually turned things around and saved the story for me. I am really enjoying the "REAL" Robin returning and giving Lisa everything she's got, and I hope that the storyline will continue to be as enjoyable as it has up until this point.
---
Micheal's Rape-
So is this storyline just going to be the thing we are all supposed to forget about? I know Brenda came back and then there was Franco and everything in the world had to pause around the 'great ones' returning, but shouldn't we focus on this storyline and maybe attempt to salvage it?
---
Anyways that's my random thoughts for today! What do you guys think? Are you enjoying Brenda? Is Micheal's rape not really important anymore? And are you an M&M fan or a hater? Let me know in the comments below, or you can hit me up on twitter @soapwikijohn .

1 comment:

  1. Michael's rape is an important thread, but I take issue with your characterization of how the writers are handling it. They seem to be giving it a more subtle approach, similar to the first two-thirds of the Kristina and Kiefer abuse storyline. He is clearly uncomfortable having any sort of physical contact with others and even less comfortable when confronted with sexuality (scenes with LuLu, Dante, Jason, Sam, and Maxxie are all evidence).

    It seems as though they are just trying to build this slowly so that it can come to a head later, likely once the canvas is more settled and they can introduce a new love interest. It may be a bit prolonged but at least they are taking their time instead of simply speeding through it for the sake of concluding storylines efficiently like most soaps do now adays

    ReplyDelete