17 October 2010

Memorable Soap Deaths 3

Hey All! Way back in March, fellow Denial Island resident SoapWikiJohn posted some of his Memorable Soap Deaths. I loved his post, and I followed it with Memorable Soap Deaths 2, where I posted some of my personal favorites.

Well...we're baaaaaaack! Here are some of our readers' picks!

1. Death By Plaster: Jeremy Hunter, Loving (formerly of All My Children)

Erica's Evil Twin cited the death of Jeremy Hunter (Jean LeClerc) as one of the most memorable, and silliest, soap deaths. In 1995, Loving was cancelled (spinned off as the ill-fated The City) and the final storyline featured a serial killer bumping off a good chunk of the cast (geez, I'm thankful the GL and ATWT finales were better than that!) One of the victims was former Pine Valley/AMC resident Jeremy Hunter, suffering a truly weird and surreal death! Campy and Hilarious or Just Plain Stupid? You be the judge!

(skip to 7:32 for Jeremy's death in all its slo-mo glory and make sure to watch until the end so you don't miss his 'body' being discovered!)




2. Too Young To Die: Cassie Newman, The Young and the Restless

Inbal, Imgoodbackup and Pam all cited the 2005 death of Cassie Newman (Camryn Grimes) on Y&R as a memorable soap death. I have to agree! Not only was this incredibly sad, but it was shocking! She was a Newman heir (though not biologically), a popular character played by a popular actress who we watched grow up onscreen, and she was soooo young! I still feel that killing her off was a mistake, but the emotional impact of her death is undeniable. I cried hysterically when this first aired, and it still hits me hard when I watch it now! Brilliantly acted, written and edited...get your tissues out:




3. Shot and Dropped From a Cliff, Roger Meets His Maker: Roger Thorpe, Guiding Light

Pam picked Roger's 1980 "death" in Santo Domingo as her most memorable soap death. I never saw it originally, but had a blast watching it on YouTube! Roger is dragging poor Holly through the jungle as Ed and Mike (who??) chase after them. One thing leads to another, and the dastardly Roger finally gets what's coming to him...or so viewers thought. I love the sparks between Maureen Garrett and Michael Zaslow - whether Holly and Roger were hating each other or loving each other - Maureen and Michael were always magic!
(RIP Michael Zaslow - one of the greats, he'll never be forgotten)




Any other Memorable Soap Deaths that broke your heart, shocked you, or just made you giggle? Let us know!

-Melanie/SoapOperaBabble/daisyclover1938

1 comment: