11 April 2011

Random Thoughts 04/11: General Hospital, All My Children, One Life to Live

GENERAL HOSPITAL
Lucky (inexplicably baring his soul to Jason):
"I can't escape the irony that Jake was conceived because of my addiction and he died because of my father's."
-Also Ironic: Elizabeth and Jason were drunk when Jake was conceived!
-Irony thy name is Jake: Jake was named after a bar!

Today Nik dumped the hottest chick in town so that he can have more time to brood over the misery that is his family's life. I have to say that I am really sad to see Brook Lynn (the talented and lovely Adrianne Leon) leave. I think she was a great addition to the cast and she was a good contrast to Maxie and Lulu. Plus, I would have loved a Brook Lynn/Matt hook up!

While I love it when Sam and Carly get along, the conversation between them today creeped me out. I get that Carly thinks a JaSam baby will heal Jason's wounds, but offering to carry the baby for Sam?? And did you see the little twinkle in Carly's eyes when she made that suggestion? I'm tired of Carly's obsession with Jason! Carly clearly wants to give Jason a child and all I have to say is: Back off B*tch - he's Sam's!!!

ALL MY CHILDREN
I have to admit, I thought this was pretty cute:
"We're just friends. We're friends...sometimes" - Colby explaining her relationship with Asher

Was it me, or did Jesse look like he had a massive headache when everyone was yammering away at the police station? I know the feeling.

I want a Ham-Off between Darnell Williams, Lindsay Hartley and Michael E. Knight! Whoever can chew the most scenery in an hour wins!

What's with Erica acting all coy and not wanting to jinx the wedding?? Honey, you are gorgeous, but you are also 65 years old and have been married 500 times. Cut the cutesy crap.

ONE LIFE TO LIVE
Natalie to John: "Our baby! Your son! Our baby! Your son!"
Me to Natalie: "Shut up"

Uhm...lots of square jawed guys fighting each other over that skank Tessica. Am I the only one that doesn't find Tess's antics funny or amusing? It's all rather pathetic and sleazy now. I honestly thought for a second she was gonna bang both those shirtless guys in the steam room.

Cuteness: Dorian/David (Chelsea Handler be damned!), Langston/Markko, Rama.

Here's the thing guys, I'm not a huge fan of Carlivati's OLTL. I think he's a talented writer, but I find the show uneven and difficult to watch at times. However, since Roger Howarth is coming back I've decided to start watching OLTL regularly again.

Did you guys like what you saw today? What did you love, what did you hate?

-Melanie/SoapOperaBabble/daisyclover

2 comments:

  1. Totally forgot that Jake was named after a bar! LMAO good observation!

    -Erica's Evil Twin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, another *classy* aspect of the original story lol! Oh the Irony, indeed!

    ReplyDelete