28 March 2010

Jessica / Christian HighSchool Recast Rant


Oh my word. As if the Jessica going back to highschool storyline was not horrible enough with the actors currently in the roles, they had to go back and reshoot fake flashbacks for the March 18th episode of One Life To Live.

Are you KIDDING ME? The recast were not needed, if they wanted to show the flashbacks with 'different' actors in the roles why not just use the ORIGINAL footage? Did they not think these fake flashbacks would upset fans? Is that why they paid zero attention in hiring actors to portray these roles?

I just don't know what to say, the acting was just horrible, I am sorry it was, it made Molly Burnett on a bad day look....well I can't say good, but she sure as heck looked better then these people. But I cannot toss the actors under the bus entirely, because even the best actors cannot help the simply dreadful dialog that they were given in the scripts.

So what is up with One Life To Live? Has Re-Ron Campavatti run his course? Is there anything redeemable about this storyline?

Did you like these fake-flashbacks? Do you disagree with me? Or maybe you agree? Let me know your thoughts in the comments bellow.

Want more random thoughts from yours truly? ...Okay how about do you want to follow another person on twitter? Check me out @soapwikijohn

5 comments:

  1. LOL! How ridiculous! Well I think this whole storyline is stupid. The only thing I like is the idea of Brody wooing Jessica (like I said in my blog, daytime needs more wooing!) But other than that, I think it's pretty lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess/Brody are the only part watchable imo.

    The rest is just....*Shivers* bad lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Jess and Brody as a couple, but him trying to woo her was a little weird for me. Because Brody knows that Jessica believes she's 17, so basically he's wooing a 17 year old. Why they had to go and zap her brains and ruin a great couple is beyond me. I just can't wait for Mitch to leave. OLTL has been 'blah' for me lately.

    ~ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. My big problem with this, as a long time viewer, is that I find myself constantly wondering if CAMPavati didnt watch OLTL when ET was in the role. Jessica was never EVER forward or sexual in any way. In fact, that was the whole point of her getting preggers - that it was shocking to see good girl Jessica in that predicament. This version of Jessica is not at all true to what Jessica was shown to be like at that time.

    I also dont get why they let TS go recurring when IMHO they had gold with Layla and Cristian. If he throws Layla over for 17 year old Jess, it makes him once again a huge asshat, which is why I so often find the character unlikeable. Remember this is the guy that was SOOOO in love with Sarah (yet another buke) and the minute Ray's wife blinked at him he tossed her aside like a wet rag. We JUST saw him not how many months ago begging Layla to give him a chance, swearing that he wouldnt be yet another guy who lies and breaks her heart. SIGGGGGGGHHHH.

    As for the flashbacks, I wonder if the reason they redid them was that they were trying to reshape the history. Certainly these two actors look no more like Cris and jess than the original actors. Ironically the guy actually looks like the actor that played Cristian 1.0 than he does DF.

    -Erica's Evil Twin

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love this storyline, but i hated the flashbacks. They should have shown the REAL scenes, that would have rocked my socks off cause the actual footage was amazing stuff.

    ReplyDelete