23 March 2010

The Tim Tam Slam on Shortland Street!


Many of you would have heard me tweet about the yummy Aussie biscuits (aka cookie) Tim Tams, and one especially sugarcoma-inducing way of eating it - biting each end off and using it as a straw with a hot drink, aka the Tim Tam Slam.  Now I can show you what it is and how to do it!  I noticed this on an old 2006 episode of New Zealand soap Shortland Street - this scene shows Sarah Potts (Amanda Billing) doing a Tim Tam slam while listening to pal Toni Warner's (Laura Hill) man troubles.  Hmm... do I have any Tim Tams handy....

3 comments:

  1. Using a cookie as a straw?? okay, that's *weird* lol!! I've done that with twizzlers, but they're straw shaped...

    btw, "Time Tam Slam" is a great name for a drink. How about we do the cookie/straw thing and use it to drink Bailey's??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, sorry, meant to write "Tim" not "Time"! Too much Bailey's this morning, lol!

    ReplyDelete