15 February 2012

Ragged Isle episode 3 recap and reactions


Hey all its another week and I am still watching Ragged Isle, Dark Shadows esque the drama is still going, I was still awaiting that “hooking” factor to appear, will tonight’s episode be the one to keep me going?

The episode opens up with some AMAZING location shots, again proving to me why the show is just the most beautiful series on the web.

Vicki then goes to Ragged Isle Star and talks with her boss about why she chose to move to Ragged Isle (because she could potentially move up in the world, and its closer to her brother). He then assigns her first assignment a photo journal, he says she can go anywhere on the island except for this one part which is completely “private property”

Eric and the boys decide that THE BEST way to look like you didn’t do anything wrong or creepy is to meet and talk about what you did somewhere in the middle of the creepy woods!

After discussing what to do next and keeping their story straight they break apart. It’s then that Vicki bumps into Paul, they talk a bit as Vicki takes more photos for her journal. Vicki then asks what Paul and Eric were up ot, Paul just says no good. They then see Bill who has ‘turned’ and is acting strange. Bill walks off, and Vicki continues to talk with Paul, they then find Mack, he’s dead!

At the sheriff’s office Paul just found out the results of the autopsy- Mack drowned! But even more shocking, when the sheriff tried to find Bill and talk with him, they finally found him, but he was also DEAD! Fade to black

Reaction: Okay I am in. Yep it took three episodes and two bodies but I am officially, 100% in. YES I still have a distaste for some of the acting. But I think the reason for this distaste is I am expecting a different style of acting, whereas this isn’t necessarily “bad” as I have previously posted, but rather just different.

Also I am still waiting to know why I should care about ANY of these characters, it’s episode three and I know nothing about poor Vicki other then she considers herself the next Victoria Winters and is Eric’s twin, she also works at a paper and knows how to turn a computer on! LOL I want to examine her more as a character and see what makes her tick! But for now I am just going to coast along for the ride, because now with some deaths and a narrative line to cling to (and trust me I am clinging to it with all I got) I am willing to ride this season out and see what season 2 has to offer.

So what did you guys think of this episode? Did this help keep you hooked? Let me know in the comments below or on twitter @SoapWikiJohn

No comments:

Post a Comment