04 February 2012

Ricky Butcher's EastEnders Exit


The residents of Albert Square bid EastEnders star Sid Owen farewell as his character Ricky Butcher was kicked out of his house, family, and marriage by Bianca after she found out about his affair with Mandy Salter and his lie about the two's child.

While Ricky has never been my favorite character on the show, I did feel that this exit was kinda piss poor. I mean Ricky stuck with Bianca throughout her prison sentence and took care of HER kids, he did forgive her for cheating on him with Dan Sullivan, and it just seems like a rushed way to break up this popular pairing, and I hate that.

But hopefully Ricky will once again return and we can see Bianca and him rebuild their relationship.

What did you guys think of Ricky's Exit? Were you sad to see him go, or happy and hope he never comes back? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below, or on twitter @SoapWikiJohn.

2 comments:

  1. I think what they did was wrong. I think that Bianca should have held on to her man, although it would have taken a few months for her to completly trust him again. It was a bit harsh of her to ask him to tell the kids that he had to go to France on an important job.

    I hope that Sid Owen does come back to the show at some point, and that him and Bianca can reckindle what they have lost at the present moment.

    ReplyDelete