09 February 2012

DeVanity Season 2 Episode 5 Recap And Reactions


Hey all,

So a brand new episode of The SFN Network's series DeVanity just aired, and I am here to recap the action and discuss what I think now that I am all caught up.

The Episode begins with Bianca (Katie Caprio) back home, getting out of a pool. Jason (Michael Caruso) walks in and asks "Why is it that I get nervous every time I see you near a pool?" Bianca replies that the last time she saw him his wife (Lara played by Alexis Zibolis ) was throwing a bag of cocaine (that Bianca had hidden) at her. Jason basically tells her that she needs to stop running away and face her problems head on, to which Binx's replies that she only came back because Jason said he had two things to talk to her about. Jason then attempts to tell her about Byron coming back and his new face, but Bianca gets a phone call and interrupts him. The call was from Andrew Reggis (Kyle Lowder) - Bianca's new husband! Jason then yells at her for getting married and not getting a prenuptial agreement, but Bianca basically says it's her life and she will live it however she see's fit and will run DeVanity how she wants as well. Jason doesn't like her attitude so he get's in his car and leaves as Byron (Jason H. Christopher) walks up.

Over at the apartment Lara is talking to ALEX (Mike Dirksen), she is informing him about what has happened since he left and how Bianca didn't even attend his funeral. He is disappointed but understands. Porcha (Katie Apicella) walks over and says she is staying until Byron is completely healed, and flirts a little with Alex, before he leaves.

Back at Bianca's Byron walks to the pool and talks to Bianca, he says he works for Jason but he isn't quite sure how he fits with DeVanity just yet. Bianca than kisses him and tosses him the pool saying that he is her replacement, and she then says if Jason is trying to screw her than she is going to screw him (New faced Byron). Byron is confused, but Bianca says just shut up and enjoy it, and the show fades to black.

Reaction:

AWESOME episode! I really enjoyed seeing how the pieces are slowly starting to fall into place, and I actually knew everyone's name so that helped A TON!

Now positives: I absolutely adored the shot of Jason DeVanity getting into his porche and driving away! I know it's lame and stupid thing to be excited about but it really made that scene seem more real to me, especially when it could have been just a lame cut away, but nope they showed the whole thing (even if it was just a stunt driver!)

Negatives: Okay well the Alex being alive thing was a bit predictable (Seriously if you EVER think anyone is really dead in a soap and you don't see a body, than you need some help because they almost ALWAYS COME BACK!) LOL But really that's minor. The only thing that bothered me a bit in this episode was the fact that Bianca said Jason had called her and had two things to tell her and yet we didn't get to see that phone conversation.

The episode appears to take place awhile after the last episode, so the timeline of everything got screwed up in my head (Episode 4 was Christmas, Bianca left a message for Jason (that Lara deleted) saying that she was coming back in a few weeks, and some point before her 'returning' Jason had to have called her and said "hey we need to talk I have two big things to tell you but I wanna do it in person, can you come home please?" )

But really overall I LOVED this episode! It clocked in at 10 minute mark and I really enjoyed every minute, yea I would have loved more, but I think that they did a good job setting up that pool scene, and you know if Bianca is good at one thing in DeVanity it is those pool scenes! Just wow. With that said it did take me a few seconds to remember that Bianca and Byron are not blood related, at first I got all grossed out, but then I remembered and was alright with everything again!

Anyways next week's episode is supposed to have a great cliffhanger ending, and I cannot WAIT to see what DeVanity has in store for us! What did you think of the episode? Did you like the twist with Alex being alive? Or how about Bianca marrying Andrew? Let me know in the comments below or on twitter @SoapWikiJohn

No comments:

Post a Comment