13 January 2012

Brooke's 2012 Soap Predictions!

demotivational posters - DEAR MAGIC 8-BALL,
I thought this was fitting for soaps....
You loved them last year, so they're back! That's right, in a 3-part special, each Denial Island Resident is going to share with you their extremely-accurate-and-not-biased-in-any-way 2012 Soap Predictions! No two predictions are exactly the same... we've all kind of taken a slightly different approach, ranging from the serious to the more snarky (guilty!). I'm starting off, so here is what I think will happen in the world of soaps in 2012...

Best Actor on a US Daytime Soap will not be James Scott (Days of Our Lives) again, although I fully expect he'll be nominated. Dang soap cancellations! Whenever a soap is cancelled, the lead actor nominated from that show always wins. Actually, in that case, James wont win in 2013 either, as technically OLTL finishes in 2012 so an actor will win for scenes aired in the first few weeks of January 2012. Sucks.

UK soaps will continue to be the best ones to watch. I predict our SoapWikiJohn will watch them all, and SoapOperaBabble will most likely get sucked into watching them all too. Australian soaps will be an extremely close second.

The Most Angst-Ridden Couple category is a toughie. Could be Charlie and Brax from Home and Away, or Karl and Susan or Sonya and Toadie from Neighbours; let’s not forget the reported gay-pairings of Will and Sonny on Days of Our Lives (I'm sure they'll make that angsty) or Chris and Aidan from Neighbours. Maybe we’ll see even more angst between Jason and Sam or Jason and Liz from General Hospital. Oh look, anyone could win this category. I challenge you to find one couple by the end of the year that doesn't suffer any angst. Go on, I double dare you!

The Soap to Wonder Why You Bother?
I predict watching paint dry will still be more interesting that what Ken Corday will serve up to me on Days of Our Lives. It hurts me to say this, Days was always my number one show :(

Most Anticipated Return to a Soap
Mark Brennan (Scott McGregor) will return from the dead on Neighbours. Just putting it out there...

To Catchup or Not Catchup?
I will still not be caught up on Shortland Street episodes from 2008 by the end of the year. I will still not have watched an episode of Emmerdale (just to keep annoying SoapWikiJohn hahaha :P).

Cancellations and Renewals
Another US soap will get axed. My money’s on General Hospital. Y&R, B&B should be safe. Will be interesting to see if Days survives.

Who Will They Sleep With Next?
Liam will grow a backbone on the Bold and the Beautiful and dump both Hope and Steffy for Brooke. Well she hasn’t gone there yet! Ridge will commiserate by getting another round of botox and get it on with... actually, he really needs to be alone for a while so he work on his parenting (I admit, that's more wishful thinking than prediction).

Personal Best
Denial Island Blog will surpass the record number of blog posts it had in 2010 (168) and reach a new personal best of 169! We're already well on our way!

Don't forget to keep an eye out for SoapWikiJohn and SoapOperaBabble's 2012 Soap Predictions!

No comments:

Post a Comment