17 January 2012

SoapWikiJohn's 2012 Soap Predictions!




G'day everyone and welcome to 2012! Its been a crazy year so far but let's see how well I can predict the future with my second annual soap predictions!

Will A Soap Be Axed In 2012? - Yea I am starting off the predictions pretty heavy and going straight for the cancellation bear.... General Hospital is on thin ice, we know this, it also is missing a time slot come September, and I think it will come down to the wire on this one, but in the end I do think General Hospital will be a goner come September, at least in its current state on ABC. This is a prediction I pray I will be wrong on, but we shall see.

Best Soap of 2012
USA- Last year I was royally screwed over by my choice of General Hospital, but now we have a new regime, known for producing decent stories, vs. Days of our Lives and I am really struggling with this choice, but I am going to go with my gut and hope for the best and say GH will be the best soap of 2012 (Don't SCREW me over Ron!)

UK- EastEnders. Coronation Street always provides me with enjoyment and Emmerdale has phenomenal storylines and characters, but for some reason I just think EastEnders will pull it off again, and considering the AMAZING way it kicked off the year (Good-bye Pat Butcher!) I think this is a safe bet.

Aus/NZ- Okay so last year I just had Home and Away vs. Neighbours, but this year I am having Australia vs. NZ for the best soap (cuz they love the competition anyways), and I think Shortland Street will beat them all, Home and Away will come in second and Neighbours will provide quality storytelling that no one really cares about because its so dang wholesome.


Worst Soap of 2012 -
USA- GENERAL HOSPITAL! LOL! Nah, it better not be, but I am going to go out on a limb and say The Young and the Restless will be the worst soap of 2012. If the current regime stays in place then we have a pretty good idea of how poorly the series will be constructed and written from the seat of MAB pants, with no vision or care for the future of these characters.

UK- Crap this one is harder. I'll go with Hollyoaks. I LOVE the cast of Hollyoaks and it has a really great place in my heart, and even being "worst" of the UK isn't saying much because the quality is really good, but in 2011 I honestly fell so far behind with the show that I wonder if that wasn't partly due to the series quality - I don't care about Esther, Bart, or most of the newbies, and seeing Nancy relegated to the sidelines after being promised a "BIG STORY" just really bothered me, so I am going to say Hollyoaks here, but I hope to be proved wrong.

AUS/NZ- Neighbours. Yea I have a 1 in 3 chance of being right on this one. I don't think Neighbours will be bad, but I think Shorty and Home and Away will keep my attention more, but we shall see.

Best Actor-
USA- Chandler Massey (Will Horton, Days of our Lives)
UK- Danny Miler (Aaron Livsey, Emmerdale)
Aus/NZ- Steve Peacocke (Darryl Braxton, Home and Away).

Best Actress-
USA- Melody Thomas Scott (Nicki Newman, The Young and the Restless)
UK- Jo Joyner (Tanya Branning, EastEnders)
AUS/NZ- Jackie Woodburne (Susan Kennedy, Neighbours)

Storyline Predictions:

EastEnders: Depressing storyline, Kat & Alfie break up, depressing storyline, Janine has the baby, depressing storyline, Kat & Alfie reunite, depressing storyline, Jay Mitchell Dyer gets a storyline of his own, Phil gets out of prison, Peggy DOESN'T return, someone dies on Christmas Day.

Bold & the Beautiful: Ridge picks a partner, they get married, and then he has an affair with the other one. Eric realizes he is still on the show, Stephanie lusts after Ridge but then decides she better not so she hooks up with Rick just to make Eric mad... (And Rick has nightmares for the rest of his life...) Susan Flannery decides it's time to leave and Stephanie is killed off.

Days of our Lives: DANGER DARLIN DANGER! Yes Danger is a comin to Salem, Melanie becomes related to another part of Days past, Jack and Jennifer leave town, Will actually hooks up with another guy and the two become insanely popular on the internet, Sami and Rafe break up, Rafe and Carrie hook up, Sami and EJ get back together (for a whole week) and our Brooke will tune back in (and out), and a whole new summer storyline will have everyone talking as a serial killer arrives in town.

Home and Away: Charlie is dead, Leah and Elijah get together, and the series ends on a BIG OMG cliffhanger!

Neighbours: Breno is STILL DEAD, Kate finds a new love, the new family is actually GOOD, and we are on the edge of our seats as the cliffhanger finale comes around and leaves us generally interested for the coming year.

Corrie: Becky comes back! Loads of returns for Betty's funeral, and a seemingly quiet year as far as drama goes. Amber and Sophie get together, while Fiz and Tyrone give love another go. Tommy Duckworth finally gets a storyline right as he decides to leave the cobbles and we all gather around on Christmas day to watch a big event play out before our eyes.

Emmerdale: Aaron leaves town a happy man, Chas finds love with a newbie, the Burton's will continue to confuse SoapOperaBabble and we will have a very explosive 40th anniversary which will include the reintroduction of the biggest star Kim Tate.

Young & Restless: They will continue to hire the entire cast of All My Kids, and meanwhile kill off half of them in a conveluted plot line leading us to wonder why we watch the show. Come Christmas someone will have a 'stand alone' episode and it will be submitted for an emmy...yea i really don't care about this mess of a show.

General Hospital: Robin will NOT be killed off, JaSam baby will be born (& it will be JaSAM! Not FrAm!), Luke will become redeemable, and the OghTL event will be gripping television. Major character will be killed off come May sweeps and we will all cheer as Laura Spencer returns to the canvas to reclaim her spot on this show.

So there we have it, my predictions have been made, will they come true? Only time will tell. What do you think? Do you agree? Disagree? Let me know in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment