31 January 2012

Neighbours From the Beginning Coming to DVD!


Great news Neighbours fans, Shock Entertainment has announced that they will be releasing Neighbours from the beginning on DVD!

The 6 disc DVD set will be released on April 4th 2012, and will include the first 56 episodes.
Take a trip down memory lane for fans of one of Australia’s most successful TV dramas. Neighbours, the long-running Australian television soap opera first broadcast on the Seven Network on 18 March 1985. Through its entire run in Australia, Neighbours has been screened as a twenty-two minute episode each week night in an early-evening slot. The show has been sold to over fifty countries around the world, making it one of Australia's most successful TV series! Watch the very first 56 episodes of Neighbours and relive these memorable moments on DVD!
Shock Entertainment is not new to the soaps on DVD game, as they have released the entire Prisoner (Prison Cell Block H) series on DVD also! So this is very promising news! Here's hoping a Region 1 DVD set will be released as well!

3 comments:

  1. This is great news! I have got the other three dvd box sets that have been released for Neighbours and still watch them now, they are so good. My favourite episode from those DVDs has to be the Waterhole Explosion from 1993. My favourite version of the theme is the Greg Hind one used in the 1990s. I have got that one as an mp3.

    I shall keep an eye out for the new box set in my local HMV store once it has got to April 4th. Hopefully I shall be able to buy a copy. I was too young back in 1986 to watch the episodes as I was only 2, so it will be a real treat for me. Thanks Shock Entertainment. :-) Hope there will be a second box set out after this one, within the next year or so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't even born when it came out! So it will be a real treat if I can get my hands on it! I have only seen a few clips of things pre-2008, so I am beyond excited! I hope that the dvd's come out at a decent rate (maybe one box set every three or so months? LOL)

    Really excited! Thank you for commenting on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adored Neighbours in the 1980s! Can't wait to relive those episodes!

    ReplyDelete