09 January 2012

Denial Island's One Life to Live Finale Coverage


Hey all, I know it's been a bit quite on the island itself these last few weeks, but that's because a project we have been working on has basically taken all of our free time away. We have unfortunately come to the end of yet another soap opera.

Since I began working on Denial Island I have watched the death of two soaps, As The World Turns & All My Children. Prior to that I blogged about the end of Guiding Light for another soap site and suffered the loss of Passions (my first soap) just prior to beginning work for the other site.

With that said I take the loss of this show straight to heart because losing any series is hard to do, but one with such history and longevity as One Life to Live it hurts, in more ways than one.

So what is the "official" plan for Denial Island's coverage of this epic event?

Well with day 1 of 5 already completed we decided that "live blogging" the week would be to much work, also while the Live Blog is fun, it isn't as community driven as I really would like it to be at this point, and takes way to much time and preperation than I have to give at this point in time.

Instead I will be "Live Tweeting" the event daily on twitter @SoapWikiJohn.

I have a lot of ideas right now circling my head about coverage about the end of One Life and what it has meant to fans over the years, but considering this is off the top of my head we will just have to wait and see how things turn out won't we?

I know this week is going to be hard for a LOT of people, losing a soap is like losing a family member; it was a constant in your life, that has now unceremoniously been torn to pieces, but we will survive and figure out a way to continue enjoying this genre, be it via Web Soaps, or International Soaps, the art of daily on-going serialize will continue, and I hope you will join us for the next step, because like the show we only have One Life to Live.

No comments:

Post a Comment