13 January 2012

SoapWikiJohn's 2011 Soap Prediction Results!

On January 1st 2011 I posted my predictions for the coming soap year, now its been a year let's see how I did!

Will a Soap be Canceled, if so which one?- AMC - Result - YES! AMC was AXED! But in a dramatic plot twist so was OLTL.... crap. So I guess I get full credit for this one.

Will there be another 'kish-o-trophic' casting shocker in 2011? - I don't really think there was anything that "shocking", the closest we came to was Kimberly McC and J.J. leaving GH, but I think my prediction was a little bit more broad than this, so I won't take any points for this one.


Which Soap will be the 'best' in 2011 - Okay so I predicted a few here and I think I did alright.
UK- EastEnders - YES! Okay so EastEnders had some really high points (Baby Swap, Cancer, Sex Trades, etc) but it also had a few low points (The Moons, Who Stalked Phil, and a bit of a drag here and there with pacing) but overall it was my favorite of the UK soaps as a whole. Now I will say that Emmerdale tied this as well because of its powerful stories and ups and down's, but I think my prediction sticks so I am going to give myself points! YAY

AUS- Home and Away - YES! Okay so I had a 50/50 chance here and I am going to say I got the points. Home and Away was far more enjoyable in 2011 than it was in 2010, and I really kept up with the show, whereas with Neighbours I found myself constantly falling behind and not really motivated to catch back up.

US- General Hospital - NO! Holy crap could I have picked a worse soap? I had high hopes and expectations going in that General Hospital would get their crap together and use the death of Jake to push themselves back to the top, only they decided to play all the wrong beats, make the shows leading man a murder and then have Franco rape Sam along with all the gloom and doom just made this show an utter mess.

What Soap Will be Unwatchable in 2011 - AMC - NOPE! Okay so I went into this year thinking that AMC was going to suck, and it really did for the first portion of the year, but when LoBro came back and got her hand into the utter mess that was all my kids at that point she turned things around and made me really enjoy watching the citizens of pine valley all return to the dead in a "All My Zombies" fashion. Was there things I didn't like? (Jane! Mookie...MAYA!) Yes, but was it as unwatchable as GH? Not even in the slightest.

Who will be the most tortured couple of 2011?- JaSam- Yea
Starting the year off all lovey dovey the coupling got married in a Chinese place and then went on the honeymoon from hell where Sam got raped by Jason's closeted lover Franco and then ended up getting knocked up which kicked off a great "Who's the Daddy" storyline, but hey Sam doesn't worry about her self during the whole rape ordeal because she has to worry about how Jason will handle it.... really? UGH

Cutest Couple of 2011?
All I have to say is NOPE! Kevin & Chloe got all of 5 minutes air time and then Romeo and Ruby only shared 4 scenes together where they were actually in a relationship.

So all in all I did alright, but how will I do with my 2012 Predictions? We will just have to wait and see!

No comments:

Post a Comment